Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Quilt fabric selection process for bed quilt

I posted about my new bed quilt idea a few days ago.  I spent a LOT of time on line finding fabrics that I want to use for the quilt.  Most are coming from Patsy Thompson.

I used the fabric sample photos in Picasa and Microsoft Photo Editor to make this mock up.  I am very happy with the colors.


The fabric design scale will not be the same because I plan to use fairly big pieces, probably bigger than the samples....I think it will still work.   The quilt design plan used pieces that are more regular in size but I kind of like it a bit wonky, as Melody Johnson says.

Let's hope the fabrics look like their photos... I've had pretty good luck with that on line, particularly with Patsy Thompson.

I am pretty jazzed about it.

No comments: