Sunday, May 18, 2014

Portland Nursery

We've been so busy in the garden that I haven't had time to post much so I am making up for it on this rainy day.

We are fortunate to live close to Portland Nursery.  It's in easy walking distance and recently we've been walking there most weekdays.  We drive if we need bigger things like soil amendments or bigger plants.   They really stocked up for Mother's Day.  It was astounding to see all the big trucks unloading and the carts full of plants that were everywhere.

These pictures were taken on the Friday before Mother's Day when everything was ready.

Inside the shade annuals greenhouse.

You wanna piece of me?

Hanging baskets for the sun on top and sunny annuals underneath.  That's John with MY hanging basket.  I love that it looks like a fairy meadow.

You followin' me around?

Sun perennials starter size tables (starter size).



I'm lost.... wish I could read.



Low shrubs for sun section

The unloading area where the big trucks come in.


Herbs section.


Gallon size perennials


Zepherine Drouhin rose growing on the utility pole in front of Portland Nursery


New arrivals....









No comments: