Thursday, October 30, 2014

Pineapple Sage Blooming

My pineapple sage is blooming and it is so beautiful.  The hummingbirds visit it all the time.  I got a new camera because the old one died.   I am not so sure how I feel about the quality on this one.  I haven't been able to capture a hummingbird image and the pictures aren't as in focus.  But with all those caveats, here is my pineapple sage, looking pretty snazzy and lighting up the back yard.


Someone who works at Portland Nursery said they got their pineapple sage to winter over last year even though it was a terribly cold winter for here.  I hope I can manage that because then they bloom much earlier.

Right now its blooms are standing between us and our rampaging bamboo.  After the pineapple sage stops blooming, we need to get out there and do some more bamboo control.

1 comment:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That is a beautiful photo! I love the little shots of red against all of that green.