Monday, November 3, 2014

Finding a new camera

My Coolpix L22 died.  It would cost much more to get it repaired, if that is even possible, than to get a new one. I liked my L22 pretty well.  It fit in my overalls pocket and so it was easy to have along.  It had good color.  I knew how to use it pretty well.  So I got its successor, the L30.  But compared to my L22,  it was difficult to take in focus photos and the color didn't seem quite as good and it seemed to have an even more limited light range than the L22.  Then I tried a S6800.  Getting in focus pictures was easy.  The indoor photos were better than the L30 but the outdoor photos were dark. and ominous.

Sigh.... I don't think either of these are going to do it for me.


 L30

S6800

L30

S6800

L30

S6800

1 comment:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I like my Canon. It is shaped like a real camera with a hand hold on the right side. I do use my photo editing program that came with it if a photo comes out a little dark. Auto adjust usually takes care of it. Mine is the SX150IS. It is obsolete now but I'm sure its successor is even better. It takes great close up photos. Do you have adjustments on those cameras, different settings? The little flower is for close up and I had to choose that on my old Olympus. On this new one it automatically adjusts for the distance you are focusing.