Wednesday, March 11, 2015

The greater trochanter

My thigh has been painful recently.  Painful enough that for the first time, I understand how people get addicted to pain pills.  I just want to escape that pain.  And my body wants me to SIT DOWN.  I figured out that I have a problem with my greater trochanter  and probably had some issues with it for years.

I have consulted medical help a few time in the past but it was just a sore spot then, not pain that made me want to sit.  No one identified the cause.  I love the internet because you can really research something like this.  It's a common problem for women (1 in 4 women) because our anatomy stresses all those bands of muscles and ligaments.

Using a foam roller has made a tremendous difference in a pretty short time.  I am also doing some exercises to strengthen my hip abductors.




Exercises for the hip abductor







1 comment:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I have never heard of the trochanter. I thought I had bursitis on the hip joint a couple years ago, very painful, but maybe it was this.