Saturday, June 30, 2012

Wild about Wild

I just finished Wild by Cheryl Strayed.  It's an amazing book.  She tells a really good story and it's a true story about her own hike on the PCT (Pacific Crest Trail).  I am amazed she survived.  Talk about ill prepared!

She did the hike and moved to Portland the same year we moved to Portland.  So I guess you could say we both died and went to heaven the same year.

Although I love to hike, I have zero desire to backpack the PCT like she did.  My feet hurt just reading about it.  I never liked back packing that much precisely because you have to carry a pack on your back.  Never liked that.  Hiking has never been about a sense of accomplishment for me.  It's just about being in beautiful places.  I am happy to do it in small doses.

Here is a link to the book


http://www.amazon.com/Wild-Found-Pacific-Crest-Oprahs/dp/0307592731/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1341073222&sr=1-1&keywords=wild

No comments: