Saturday, September 22, 2012

When I'm Sixty-Four

I am going to be sixty-four soon.  Soon enough that I've already opened my birthday season, meaning I've already started celebrating.

None of the traditional milestone birthdays have seemed momentous to me.  This one does.  The Beatles song "When I'm Sixty-Four" keeps rattling around in my head.  I think that song must have imprinted on my brain when I was a sweet young thing.

When I'm Sixty-Four

I feel like there is before Sixty-Four and after Sixty-Four.  I don't think working should be part of the after sixty-four scenario.  I have a sense that time is very precious.  I've reached that time in my life when I wonder if this is the last time I will do things.  This is probably our last house and probably our last kitchen.  I have friends who say it is like that for them, too.

No comments: