Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Errands

I wrote a post here about how we do most of  our errands on foot.  This week we've had a lot of heavy rain and the rain has made walking more than a bit uninviting.  We don't have heavy rain very often here in Portland so maybe we were having sympathy rain for the east coast and hurricane Sandy.

Today was more like our usual light rain so off we went to the grocery store.  John uses an LL Bean bag to carry stuff.  Here is our big bag with our umbrellas on the plywood bottom that  John made for the bag.  Everyone admires how well it works for carrying things.

the polka dot one is John's
                                 


John, ready to leave

I carry some of the  heavy things in my 1980's, thirty some year old, Sierra Designs day pack.  Do you remember Sierra Designs?  The pack is canvas with a leather bottom and straps are lined with felt.  I added a strap across the front.  It's very comfortable to wear.  I've never found another kind of pack I like as well.

Today I carried potatoes and canned tomatoes and cheese and I can't remember what else, but it was noticeably heavy.



We walk through Laurelhurst Park on the way (that is true for most of our errands).  This is what it looked like today in the park, which is Halloween.  Happy Halloween!




No comments: