Thursday, January 10, 2013

Two Weeks Post Cast

I am more or less a two armed person.  I can do my wrist flexibility exercises with more ease.  I can do more cooking tasks but still all too often need assistance.  I am still a limited two arm person.

Here are some things I want to be able to do and still cannot do
  • write longhand, even for a short time, without pain
  • write/draw with smooth motions instead of small jerky motions
  • sleep through the night without pain in my arm waking me up
  • drive without it hurting when I turn the wheel for a corner
  • cut up a raw carrot
  • peel potatoes

This week my arm has been bothering me a lot at night when I am trying to sleep.  It's actually been worse, not better.  I wonder if it is because I have been working more than I should, assuming that I want to sleep at night.  And I DO want to sleep at night.   It doesn't hurt like that when I am awake.  Last night I had to get up because that was the only way to get it to stop hurting.

Here's a link for wrist physical therapy exercises with good directions and photos.  Best ones I found, anyway.

Update: It IS bad for me to work.  I was told to back off.  And I am sleeping through the night now.

No comments: