Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Kindred spirits

Yesterday I visited Sharon and Jeff in their wonderful restored house which they blog about here.  They also live in Laurelhurst.  I live in the southern end and they live in the northern end.  I walked there and it was indeed a lovely walk, about a mile and a half.

I am astounded by how much they have done in just a few short years.  I am a sucker for beautiful staircases and here is theirs.  I like the baluster design, with the narrow ones and then a wide one at a regular interval.



Their house is a high class full on Craftsman design with fir wood work.   It's a pretty fancy house with lots of detail.  All the woodwork was painted but they stripped it and shellacked it, which is quite an undertaking.

Sharon and Jeff are kindred spirits but they are kindred spirits on steroids.  Well, not really steroids, but certainly with more energy and attention to detail than we possess these days.  Explore their blog and you, too, will be in awe of what they have done.


No comments: