Friday, March 29, 2013

Working on my quilt


I am making a quilt for our bed.  Since it is for the bed, that means that it is BIG and going to be at the mercy of cats.  I don't want to invest huge amounts of time, so it is going to be on the simple side.   It has simple ten inch blocks.  The blocks aren't sewn together yet in this photo.

I really enjoyed pairing up fabrics for the blocks... it's all about color for me.


Here it is on the floor with  green print triangles to finish off and square the edges.  I like how the green looks with the blocks.  I am considering a dark red binding.

       

I am machine quilting it in sections so I don't have to struggle with quilting such a big piece at once.  I have four square center sections of nine blocks each and four triangular corner sections.  I am working on quilting the third  of the center sections now. 

Even though the blocks are pretty simple, it takes quite a bit of time to make something 86 inches square.

                                                               


1 comment:

Sharon Kwilter said...

How pretty; the red binding would really pop.

How interesting to quilt it in sections. Our quilts always end up being 100x100 so I just hire someone to quilt them for me. I know I can't handle that much fabric and batting.