Thursday, May 23, 2013

Cold and dark and rainy

It's raining and it's cold.  The rain and the cold are both record breaking.   We need the rain but the cold is a little out of hand.  All I want to do is curl up and stay warm.  We closed all the windows and put another quilt on the bed.  We even turned the heat on.  We did go for a short walk but I was cold and didn't enjoy it.  I did enjoy futzing in the garden a little, staking a few things beaten down by the rain.

We've both been working on surfaces today.  John painted all the shelves, two coats on each side.  Then he put some plywood sheets on top of the cabinets as a temporary counter top; he can also stand on the plywood to paint the upper cabinets.   I've been making marmoleum liners for the drawers, like I did for the island drawers last year.  The marmoleum works great for drawer liners.  I only have two left to do.  My wrist has complained some but not much.

I couldn't resist getting out one of the sink cabinet drawer fronts to see how it will be.  It's so cool to see the kitchen come together.  There is still much to do, mostly to do with surfaces but the scale is there and the shapes are there.

                     


layout for drawer liners

1 comment:

Sharon Kwilter said...

I'm happy for the cold weather, but we turned on the heat today for company when we realized it was 58 degrees in the house. =)