Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Nesting Days

I was struck by the nesting bug and did a fair amount of baking and cooking these past two days.  I made chocolate chip cookies for John; he loves having them in the freezer.  We had to dig out the big mixer and a few special ingredients because I hadn't expected to be baking until the kitchen was done.  It did take quite a bit more time to make the cookies than it usually does.

Making cookies

Yesterday we made an especially delicious chicken pot pie... talk about comfort food.  It did make a lot of  messy dishes but it was worth it.

I've also been collecting things for the blind corner time capsule.  I am putting in some local menus, advertisements, receipts, catalogs, manuals for electronics and whatever else I can find that says "today" to me.  I am putting the things in local business cardboard boxes (Rejuvenations, Portland Nursery, local crafted beer).  I am still trying to figure out what to do about photos...




John was looking really tired so I insisted that he take a couple days off.  He looks much more rested now.  The prep is done on the kitchen cabinets and today we commence painting.  I am not allowed to actually paint his new cabinets but instead will act as his handmaiden.  We are starting with the insides of the cabinet uppers.  The shelves are already painted so in just a few days, the upper cabinets should be usable.


No comments: