Saturday, August 29, 2015

Be careful what you wish for

Our oven died AGAIN.  Just five days after it was repaired.  I used it one time in the interval to make peach and blueberry cobbler.  A few days later, it wouldn't heat when I wanted to make lasagne.  The only power we have is the light bulb.  After an hour, it will raise the temperature a few degrees.

John says I finally  have the Easy Bake oven I wanted when I was a kid (it was powered by a light bulb).  I wanted an Easy Bake oven soooooo bad.  But the farm didn't have public electricity.  Instead, we had a wind charger and  a generator for when the wind did not blow.  Everything electric had to be rewired to work.  My dad refused to work on an Easy Bake oven.  So I couldn't have one.

This oven problem is a difficult one because it is intermittent.  Sometimes you can get it to heat and that is what happened when the repair guy came.  It worked.  He told us to get it to fail and call in the daytime, leaving it until he arrived.  He came again yesterday and saw its failure.  Now we are waiting a week for the part.  He thinks the circuit board was damaged by the death of the convection element.

Sigh....  I just want a simple oven that WORKS.

1 comment:

Vicki W said...

I always wanted an Easy bake oven too but my Mom refused. She said if I wanted to bake to use the kitchen oven and make enough for everyone! I started baking at a very young age.