Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Thor's Well

When we were at Cape Perpetua last week a photographer was knocked down by a wave.  I didn't see it happen.  I saw him soaking wet with a bleeding leg and I think he may have been in shock.  I believe he was photographing Thor's Well when it happened.

I read a blog post about a group of photographers who drove down to Cape Perpetua to photograph Thor's Well in ideal conditions (high tide and sunset).  The blog post is pretty interesting and entertaining.

Here is a video of one of those photographers and he is really close to the edge of Thor's Well... closer than I would go.  You can see how one could get knocked down by a wave.

The photo below was taken by one of the photographers in that group.


Source
 Boy would I like to be there in such perfect conditions but a little further from the edge..... sigh.




No comments: