Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Celebrate color!!

The center part is hand dyed silk that was already fused.  All I had to do for this was cut out the bits and iron them onto a bit of batting.  The border is a lovely Vicki Welsh hand dyed fabric.

It's not done, but I already like it.  When I don't have anything I need, this is what I like to do...

I cut out these little squares and bits and I put them together and they look like nothing.  So I move them around, add a few more colors, move them around some more until it almost feels like they lock in place and say THIS is where I belong.  I don't think I even do it.  The colors do it or maybe that genius/house elf entity that Elizabeth Gilbert wrote about guides me.  But it isn't me and it is so much fun....




3 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

This is a fun piece~pretty colors.

Vicki W said...

That is so much fun!

Margot said...

This one is full of life