Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Mid May front garden

We had our inch of rain a few days ago and had to spend yesterday supporting plants that were dragged down by the weight of the water on them.  Then I took some photos.

This is the fairy garden.  It borders the stairs in the front.  The gardens on either side of the stairs are my play areas.




This is from the front steps.  Our neighbor's house makes a nice back drop.  



There are fewer pots this year.  It's looking like a hot summer ahead  like last year.  The garden became too much of a chore in the heat last summer.  We still have two large patches of bee balm for the hummingbirds and bees.  John put in small sprinklers to help with that.  Last year I tried to keep them blooming all summer.  This year I intend to cut the bee balm down much earlier.

We spread some new wood chips on the path.  I can't wait till they lose their redness and turn more brown.



No comments: