Monday, April 3, 2017

Spring finally arrives

Spring is at least a month late in Portland.  We had our worst winter ever (in our 22 years anyway).  It was cold and windy.  It was icy.  It was not like Portland.  Much of the winter we could not do our usual walks.  John was more resilient than me but he doesn't mind the wind as much and he bought spikes so he could walk in the ice.  Yes, it was that bad.

From our local weather man, only 6 clear days in the last six months.  Ugh...





Anyway, spring is finally here.  We've resumed our frequent visits to Portland Nursery.  Here is Marje, who I love.  It is such a treat to have Portland Nursery so close.

These were taken mid March at Portland Nursery.




 The back yard yesterday.  Love that bleeding heart.  It lights up the back yard.


Our magnolia is looking good.


The front yard has some color and growth.




John put a new roof on my bird house.  I bought it on Etsy  four years ago.  The roof isn't finished yet.  I think it is going to be stained red and sealed.


And he added flying buttresses to support our old fence.  He had a good time with that project.


1 comment:

auntie toast said...

It's good to have you back posting again! Your flowers make me hope spring will get to MT sometime soon! It snowed so hard this AM I couldn't see across the street, but it didn't stick.