Sunday, March 8, 2015

John may have lost his title

John was once known as the "King of rinky dink".  I think his standards of workmanship may have exceeded the rinky dink category and so he may have lost his title.

For example, we are making a small stained glass panel to hang outside in our tiny back yard.  John asked me to draw what I had in mind so I drew my idea on the bottom of a cardboard box of the correct size (Portland Nursery boxes have so many uses).    Here is what I drew:


Here is the frame he made:


It's got fancy joints and it took him quite a while.  Now, I don't have a problem with good workmanship BUT I did expect to already have my glass panel completed.  Rinky dink projects are quick and this one's not quick.  My patience level is certainly more in keeping with quick projects.    Bring back the king of rinky dink!

No comments: