Friday, March 21, 2014

The true spirit of Portland

Today John and I parked on our side of the river (the East side) and walked across the Hawthorne Bridge and then up the waterfront to the cherry trees that are planted in Waterfront Park.  I took some of my own photos and I found some really great ones when I searched cherry trees Portland waterfront.

This photo is from the Oregonian last year and there are several nice ones if you follow the link.

Oregonian photo essay 2013


John and the cherry trees


I've been craving a Voodoo maple bar for some tine now.  I walked by Voodoo Doughnuts two days this week when I was on my way home from jury duty but the line was just too long...   And then, today, walking along the waterfront I spied these three boxes which I recognized immediately.


I struck up a conversation with the people who owned these boxes.  I told them I longed for a maple bar and about the long lines when I was there.  And they GAVE ME a maple bar!    Now that is the true spirit of Portland.  The maple bar was wonderful.  Yummmmmm.

There is my maple bar on top of the left box
Photos from the bridge...



The cherry trees!










No comments: