Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Six wonky blocks

I am still making wonky log cabin blocks.  Here is my most recent one before it was sewn.



They are fun to make.  I've adjusted my technique.  I start with 2.5 inch strips.  I use my rotary cutter to cut a wavering lengthwise line.  I place the strips on my batting so the wave undulations are where I like them and then trim any extra from the ends.  I pin them in place and zig zag the raw edges.  Then I do some simple hand quilting.  And I may add some beads or other decorative elements.  It depends on how I decide to use the blocks.

I think that individual blocks would make great cushion fronts.   I am going to make more before I decide what to do with them.

The later ones (upper right and lower left) are more curvaceous.

The six wonky blocks

No comments: